[audacity4blind] Internet radio streaming

  • From: jacob kruger <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 10:24:22 +0200

Know bit off-topic, but, since it's somewhat audio related, thought might as well as ask here.

Busy looking into/considering setting up a form of internet radio/streaming system/service, and, while can already put together my own, web-page hosted version, which just handles a form of server-processed/manipulated track by track queueing, playing the audio content using html5 <audio /> page elements, I have also managed to setup an icecast service on my web server, but, the issue there is passing audio on to it, etc.

So, thought would just ask if anyone here has experience with setting up relatively accessible internet audio streaming services/systems that can be then consumed by standard internet radio software, like tapIn on the PC, and things like tuneIn, on smart phones?

And, if so, how is the server-side stream output handled, and, what forms of interface are offered to what's effectively the DJ, in terms of queue manipulation, close to real-time audio recording, for speaking, etc. etc.?

TIA

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile...but, acceptance is versatile..."

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line