[audacity4blind] Inline Attenuator

  • From: "Ron Edwards" <facup1927@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 17:29:57 -0000

Hi All.

A while a go I posted on here, regarding recording the sound from a Virgin
Media box using Audacity.  Because the recordings are extremely distorted, I
was advised to turn all recording levels down to the minimum and I have
experimented with all that but still have problems.

Having done more research on the internet, I am advised that an inline
attenuator might help.

My question is this.

I am not sure how much the DB levels need reducing and have a choice from 10
to 40.  So, can anyone advise which one would be more effective?

Any help gratefully received as always.

Ron