[audacity4blind] Re: Increasing Playback Speed While Keeping Pitch Normal

  • From: "Dave Van Der Molen" <dvm975@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 09:41:40 -0400

Hi Listers.

Thanks Anders for your response.

I have three other questions.

What is the best way to figure out the length of an Audacity project.  I've
made a single-track recording, and I want to know how long it is.

My last two questions have to do with editing.  What I do is, as I'm listening
and discover a portion I want to delete, I press p, then left bracket, then
space, space, then I hit p again where I want the selection of text to end.
Then I hit right bracket, space, and control-k.  I'm not really interested in
selecting time ranges, but is there another way, using less keystrokes, to do
what I've described above?

Also, I'm having trouble deleting the last few seconds of my recording.  What
is the quickest way to delete from where I pause to the end of the project?

Thanks!

Dave