[audacity4blind] Re: Increasing Playback Speed While Keeping Pitch Normal

  • From: Anders Holmberg <anders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 00:56:43 +0200

Hello!
Yes you can do that.
Go to the effects menu and select change tempo.
WHen selecting this option you will be in a dialog where you can do what you want.
If you have more questions please write and i am willing o help if i can.
/A

Dave Van Der Molen skrev 2012-04-28 22:05:
I'm using Audacity 2.0 with Windows XP Pro.

Does anyone know if there's a way to increase the playback speed of a project, while keeping the pitch at normal? I've set up hotkeys to allow for quicker or slower playback, but the pitch of my voice also gets adjusted, which I don't want.

Another thing I'm wondering is how can I increase the speed of a recording and have that speed increase saved so that when it's converted to an MP3, the listener will hear it at the faster speed.

Thanks!

Dave