[audacity4blind] Re: How works "Find zero crossings"

  • From: Arne <waschmasche@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 11:42:36 +0200

Hello Gale,

thanks for the explanations. That's what somehow does not become clear to me in the original explanation, that the command just works once on both edges only. You asked:

If you have a test case *in 1.3.13 or 1.3.14 alpha* where z produces
a click until you change the selection manually, please attach a small
file like MP3 or OGG that demonstrates the problem, stating where
the original selection should be placed.

Maybe it's just difficult because it was an outdoor recording with permanently changing background noise. When I used the z command the selection preview (spacebar) or the cut preview (c) produced little clicks, so I selected the correct position manually. Can it just be that the background noise prevents the Zero Crossing discovery from working correctly? However, if the problem occurs again, I will try to send an attachment to demonstrate the clicks.

Rgds,
Arne