[audacity4blind] High pitch noise coming through

  • From: Johchi <Johchi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 23:39:14 -0400

Hi all,

This is while still using v 2.0.3 on a brand new Windows 7 I3, 8gb of ram machine. I'm running a good quality mic into a new Allen -Heath Zed 10Fx usb interface. When I play back what I just recorded,, I am getting a high pitch noise in my studio monitors that isn't otherwise there at higher then normal volumes. Any ideas where this high pitch noise is coming from? Oh and all of my cableing is also brand new. Could this be cause by some sort of AC line noise? How do I go about eliminating where the problem is coming from? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for helping this greenhorne out,

john