[audacity4blind] Re: Gsnap and autotune

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 08:37:29 GMT

| From "Dang Manh Cuong" <dangmanhcuong@xxxxxxxxx>
| Thu, 17 Jan 2013 14:53:44 +0700
| Subject: Gsnap and autotune
> Display vst effect in graphical mode: not check. This make vst interface
> accessible to blind user.

That's a good point I forgot about which you don't see made
very often.

However I wonder how well many VST's work in non-graphical
mode? Before Audacity supported VST GUI, there were frequent
reports of broken VST effects.

You could also try Oli Larkin's VST port of AutoTalent:
http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?plugin=Autotalent&id=842 .

It's quite likely that would be better for you for two reasons:

* It's apparently designed as a non-graphical VST (so even
   if Audacity is set to display VST's in graphical mode, the
   plug-in will still be tabular).

* AutoTalent does not require MIDI support as far as I know.
   GSnap and AutoTune both need MIDI support to work completely
   as designed, but Audacity doesn't offer support for MIDI input.