[audacity4blind] Re: Gettin in to Usse Audacity

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 21:53:40 +0100

| From Rich De Steno <ironrock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
| Tue, 21 May 2013 13:15:52 -0400
| Subject: Gettin in to Usse Audacity
> Lower the pitch under the Effects menu.

Effect > Change Pitch lowers the pitch but keeps the tempo the
same.

If you are recording from a turntable or tape deck that is going
too fast, you want Effect > Change Speed. This would slow down
the tempo as well as reduce pitch, but in the case of some
playback device going too fast, that is probably what you want.

Gale