[audacity4blind] Re: General sound editing/effect usage tips, and hertz-range tables, if such thigns exist

  • From: "JM Casey" <crystallogic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 17:24:43 -0500

Thanks...that's very cool.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gale Andrews" <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 3:45 PM
Subject: [audacity4blind] Re: General sound editing/effect usage tips, and hertz-range tables, if such thigns exist

Content analysis details:   (-1.0 points)

 pts rule name              description
-1.0 RCVD_IN_DNSWL_LOW RBL: Sender listed at http://www.dnswl.org/, low
                            trust
                            [206.53.239.180 listed in list.dnswl.org]

| From crystallogic@xxxxxxxxxxxx
| Thu, 03 Feb 2011 08:59:02 -0800
| Subject: [audacity4blind] General sound editing/effect usage tips, and hertz-range tables, if such thigns exist
... whether someone has compiled some sort of table showing hz values for
common sounds. I'm not sure if such a thing really exists or even how practical it would be, but I find, for example, that if I want to use a filter to remove or dampen certain parts of a sound wave, I'm simply guessing at the frequency ranges
that would be required.

For the range of musical instruments you could try:
http://www.listenhear.co.uk/general_acoustics.htm
http://www.studystack.com/studytable-27242

Gale
The audacity4blind website is at