[audacity4blind] Finding start point of a track

  • From: Hettie <woehler.hettie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "(Redacted sender sgsmg49 for DMARC)" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 16:07:28 +0200

Hi List

I imported a mp3 file into Audacity. There is a long silence at the start of the track which I want to remove.

 Do I need to place a right bracket at the start of the track to mark the section I want to remove?

I pressed the spacebar to start listening. When I heard the click of the beginning of the recording I pressed spacebar before pressing shift f6 to skip about 2 minutes of silence.

When I pressed the spacebar to listen whether or not I'm at the spot where the actual audio starts there was still just silence.

How can I specify the time to be removed faster to save some time?

If this is a clumsy description I hope the more experienced folks will be able to make sense of it all. I tried to find the answer in the manual but am still too dumb to fully understand what the manual is explaining to me, smiles.

Hettie

https://www.avg.com

The audacity4blind web site is at

Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line