[audacity4blind] Re: Feedback requested about which of the align commands people use

  • From: Andrew Downie <access_tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 18:16:12 +1000

Hi David

Apologies for the delay - started writing long long ago and became distracted. Answers are as follows:

1. Only the align menu - had not taken any notice of the Move Selection when Aligning

2.  Not applicable

3.  No, happy to use the menu for my frequency of use.

Andrew

On 13/04/2017 6:29 PM, David Bailes wrote:

it would be really useful if as many people on this list as possible could provide some information about which of the align commands they currently use.
On the tracks menu, there are two sub menus for aligning: the align sub menu, and the move selection when aligning sub menu. When you use the commands on the second of these sub menus, the cursor or selection is moved, as well as the audio being moved.
To provide feedback, if you could answer some or all of these questions, that would be helpful.
1. Do you use only one of these sub menus, and if so, which one?
2. Do you use both of these sub menus? And if you do, some information on the different tasks which you use the different menus would be useful.
3. None of the commands on these sub menus have default shortcuts. Have you assigned keyboard shortcut to any of these commands, and if so, which ones.

Just to give the background to why I'm requesting feedback on this. For the next version of Audacity, the menus are being changed around a bit. The current thinking for the align commands is just to have one align sub menu, along with an option specifying whether or not the cursor/selection is also moved. However, it's important that this reorganization doesn't have a negative effect on people's workflow. Hence the request for information about how people use the two existing align sub menus.

After people given some feedback to the questions above, I may post some follow up questions, depending on peoples answers,
thanks,
David.

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line