[audacity4blind] Re: Fast forwarding in audacity

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 10:13:25 +0100 (BST)

Hi Marlon,
during playback you can jump forward or backward by a short period by pressing
right arrow or left arrow respectively. You can also use the period and comma
keys.
To jump forward or backward by a long period, press shift + right arrow or
shift + left arrow respectively. The shift + period and shift + comma
keystrokes can also be used.
By default the short and long periods are 1 and 15 seconds respectively, but
you can change these values in the playback category in the preferences dialog.

Note that using the transcription toolbar in the toolbars section of the main
window you can also playback the audio at a faster or slower speed.
Unfortunately, I don't think that the playback speed slider is accessible to
users of voiceover, so this won't be an option for you.

David.

On Thursday, 10 April 2014, 3:52, Marlon Brandão de Sousa
<splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

How can I speed u[ the playback speed in audacity?

I tryed command + 1 and command + 2 while the sound was playing but nothing
changed.

Thanks,
Marlon

Enviado via iPhone