[audacity4blind] Re: Fast forwarding in audacity

  • From: Marlon Brandão de Sousa <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 10:11:15 -0300

Hello,

Thank you for your ready response and for your interest in understanding the
demand!
I will try to write down a quick user case to ilustrate my second request.
The main idea is to submit groups of configurations, such as the amount of time
the right and left, shift right and shift left and the other combination of
keys with arrows act.
Although this need might not be so obvious, let me ilustrate where it would be
cool:
Supose I am working with voice editing. I have a somewhat long recording, say
45 minuts, to edit.
I want to go throug it quickly, but I don`t have by memory what moment, in
termos o time notation, I need to reach, So I want the right arrow to advance
five minuts per press.
Once I am geting closer, I would like to make this very same arrow advance one
minute per press, so I can more precision in the reviewing process.
Now I have reached to that silence area I knew was some where, I then want to
cut it, and I know that it is somewhat long, may be one minut or more. In fact,
walking 30 seconds per press would be great for the right arrow and, may be,
something like one second with the shift keys to fine tune the selection before
cuting.

I can do everything going to the dialog and adjusting the time amount of these
keys, but if I could group these settings in to profiles, setting let's see up
to four profiles and quickly alternate through them with one key, it would be
way more practical.

I understand if such implementation is not a priority now, the must important
is the playback speed and I am so happy it is already implemented.
I am trying to download vs 2008,
If this implementation (profiles) is not a priority to you, let me know and I
will see  if I can implement the profile stuff, but don't know when it will be
ready, It might be a good solution to folks who need quickly adjust the time
advance without loosing focus on their activity.

Thanks,
Marlon

Enviado via iPhone