[audacity4blind] Fast Look Ahead Limiter

  • From: Justin Trevino <jtrevino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 23:39:12 -0600

So, up til now I've been running an older version of audacity.  I recently was forced to get a new computer so I now have the latest version.  Some things are not working the way I'm accustomed to. Some of these features may be improvements.  For instance, I've noticed I can now adjust amplification levels with finer precision all the way out to the thousandths place..  However, today I tried to use the fast look ahead limiter which has always worked well for me.  It didn't apply the effect the way I expected.  I don't know if it was stopping every time it saw a peak or if it was working at all.  I would like for it to apply the limiter to the overall track and alert me when it is finished.  Is this still possible?

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line