[audacity4blind] Re: Fantastic Program!

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 23:25:22 GMT

| From Daveed Mandell <daveedm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| Thu, 21 Mar 2013 15:57:02 -0700
| Subject: [audacity4blind] Fantastic Program!
> Heloo, everyone:
> I am absolutely thrilled with Audacity. The fact that accessibility has
> always been of importance to the various developers of the program is
> evident, given how easy it is to use with various screen readers.
>
> Yet, one essential feature, to my mind, is missing from Audacity, namely,
> punch-in, punch-out recording. Frankly, I'm surprised that this feature
> is not integral to this otherwise very comprehensive program. Does
> anyone know if punch-in, punch-out recording is slated to be added soon?

Hi Daveed,

Please see Cuong's recent answer on how you might do an accessible
"punch-in":
//www.freelists.org/post/audacity4blind/Adding-Tracks-to-a-Recording,2 .

There are no plans to add punch-in recording to Audacity, at least
of the simple, destructive type where you overwrite the existing
content in the same track in a similar way to a tape recorder.

But we will add your vote as an expression of interest in punch-in.

You can always SHIFT + R to record to the end of selected tracks.

Gale