[audacity4blind] Re: FW: Audacity 2.0.6 is released!

  • From: Steve the Fiddle <stevethefiddle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 09:47:47 +0100

Reply "in line"...

On 30 September 2014 08:02, Robbie <tickleberryfun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all!
> This is great! The "Move Track to Top or Bottom" feature is highly
> appreciated.

Thanks. Glad you like it.

> I hope I don't seem ungrateful if I suggest an even further
> option, just when this has been implemented.

No problem, I have in mind to improve this further.

> When handling up to 100 tracks I
> often whish for a "Move Track to" feature with an edit box in which the
> target
> track position can be entered. This would be especially useful in Projects
> where new tracks are added over time, which then have to be fitted in.

In that use case where you want to "fit in" new tracks, wouldn't it be
better if you could just add the new track in the position where you want
it, rather than adding it to the bottom and then some mechanism for moving
it up to where you actually want it? For example, how about if adding a new
track automatically inserted it directly below the lowest selected track?

Another suggestion that I rather like is for there to be menu items (in the
"Tracks" menu) for moving selected tracks up/down. As menu items, it would
be possible to assign keyboard shortcuts, making it much quicker and easier
to move a track multiple places. Because it acts on "selected" tracks,
multiple tracks can be moved at the same time.

Steve