[audacity4blind] Re: Exporting to MP3

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 14:25:52 +0100

Hi Ron,
the way Jaws reads the table in the metadata editor is a little confusing.
The table has two columns: tag and value. There are a number of preset tags,
like artist name and track title.
Unfortunately when jaws reads one of these preset tags it says the name of the
tag, followed by "edit unavailable", followed by "type in text". The last two
are clearly contradictory. You can't edit the names of these preset tags, but
you can edit their values, which are in the value column.
So entering some data might go something like this:
1. The initial focus is the artist name tag.
2. press tab to move to the value column. If desired, type in an artist name.
3. Press tab to end any edit and move to the next cell in the table which is
the track title tag, on the second row.
4. Press tab to move to the value column, and if desired, type in the name of a
track title.
5. Press tab to end any edit, and move to the next cell in the table, which is
the album title tag, on the third row.
6. and so on.

additional notes:
1. To move from any cell in the tab to the next control in the dialog, press
ctrl+tab.
2. When you type in the value of a genre, audacity looses the first letter, so
you have to type this twice.
3. There's more info on this dialog in the metadata editor section of my Jaws
guide.

David.

On Thursday, 31 July 2014, 14:29, Ron <facup1927@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All.
Having been a long time user of Audacity, I have
never tried typing in the edit metadata boxes for title, artist etc.
Today I tried doing this, but the words I typed did not appear.

Using Jaws 13 with Windows xp, could anyone advise
how to overcome this?

Many thanks.

Ron