[audacity4blind] Re: Exporting Files in Audacity

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 10:57:13 -0500

I accidentally sent my last message before making one or two changes I
intended to make.  I intended to word the first paragraph as follows:

> Instead of working with enormous wave files, I would suggest that
> you try recording in a high quality mp3 format and editing using Mp3
> Direct Cut.  If you don't like the results for some  reason, you can use
wave files.  If you wwant to work with wave
> files, then edit them in Audacity, which is not as easy or convenient as
> editing using Mp3 Direct Cut, then take the time to have these large files
> converted to Mp3 for their final form, that's your choice. I would
> strongly advise you not to assume things such as that a high quality wave
> file will yield better results than a high quality mp3 file for spoken
word recordings.  I won't discuss music recordings in this message.  I
doubt  that anyone can tell the difference between