[audacity4blind] Re: Export as MP3

  • From: "David R. Sky" <davidsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 08:13:00 -0800 (PST)

Hi Ron,

Which version of Audacity are you using? If you don't know, open the help menu alt+h, then click on 'About Audacity'. it should tell you there.

Regarding unzipping -

Go to http://www.7-zip.org and download their latest program - the most recent one I use is 4.55 I think. Get the version that matches your operating system. Install it on your hard drive.

Place the mp3 encoder zip file where you want to keep it for using with Audacity. That is, which folder.

Select that zip file then press shift+f10, which opens the context menu. Either tab or cursor down to 7-zip and click on that.Tab or cursor down to 'open archive' and click on that. As far as I recall next go to the okay button and click on that.

When you next use audacity and want to export an mp3, start the export process - Audacity will ask you for the location of the Lame encoder. Type in the folder such as

c:\lame\

(if i remember correctly, type in a final backslash, as above).

Hope this is helpful

david

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007, tiscali wrote:

Hi all.

Having taped some music I wish to transfer it to my mp3 player.  It tells me I
need to download an mp3 decoder, which I have done.

However, when I try to save a file as mp3 it says that the decoder file isn't
found.  I also read somewhere that the decoder file needs unzipping, and I have
no idea how you do this.

Any help is gratefully received.

Ron

--