[audacity4blind] Re: Enhansing background noise.

  • From: Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 18:18:13 +0200

Hello Robert, Thank you or your help. I downloaded it after I eadyour
email. I had limited success as it cetainly removedthe vocals but took
a lot ofthe orchestra with them! I experimented and reduced them a
small amount. Things are a minimal amount better than when I started
this process but I have to say I am disappointed. I tried raising and
lowering the different perammiters but that seemed to makethings
worse. It doesn't seem to remove vocals, it removes everything within
a certain pitch range. I intend to keep trying. I got the best results
when I asked to "retain frequency band."

That's certainly not an option in the new plug-in but rather available
in the old "Vocal Remover".

As I said, I can not give an opinion without the audio in question.
You can contact me off-list if I should examine the audio.

Note that source separation is never easy and the results are most of
the time unsatisfactory.

Regards
Robert

If anyone hasany suggesions,
I'd be very
glad to hear them.

Very best wishes,
Sandra.

On 7/22/15, Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Sandra
Have you already updated to Audacity 2.1.1?
There's a new "Vocal Reduction And Isolation" effect shipped with it.

As always, we can neither see your computer nor the audio track you're
editing, thus, only a general help can be given.

Regards
Robert

Soprano Singer
www.sandragayer.com