[audacity4blind] Re: Enhansing background noise.

  • From: Sandra Gayer <sandragayer7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 16:50:32 +0100

Hello Robert, Thank you or your help. I downloaded it after I eadyour
email. I had limited success as it cetainly removedthe vocals but took
a lot ofthe orchestra with them! I experimented and reduced them a
small amount. Things are a minimal amount better than when I started
this process but I have to say I am disappointed. I tried raising and
lowering the different perammiters but that seemed to makethings
worse. It doesn't seem to remove vocals, it removes everything within
a certain pitch range. I intend to keep trying. I got the best results
when I asked to "retain frequency band." If anyone hasany suggesions,
I'd be very
glad to hear them.

Very best wishes,
Sandra.

On 7/22/15, Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Sandra
Have you already updated to Audacity 2.1.1?
There's a new "Vocal Reduction And Isolation" effect shipped with it.

As always, we can neither see your computer nor the audio track you're
editing, thus, only a general help can be given.

Regards
Robert

Soprano Singer
www.sandragayer.com