The good news is that it is achievable. The slightly less good news is
that, at least the way I have done it, is a bit fiddly. Here is what I did
and apologies for the lengthy description:
1. Create a label for each of the three sections (more if needed). If
you are not familiar with labels, I did this audio description
<https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/08uqin> a while ago. Importantly, the
label must cover the whole selection, not just at the start of it.
2. Create two extra tracks (there will already be a second track
holding the labels).
3. With just the first track selected, use alt-left or alt-right arrow
to get to the second (in your case chorus) section.
4. Press control-c to copy.
5. Deselect track 1.
6. Arrow down to track 3 and select it.
7. Press control-v to paste.
8. Deselect track 3, arrow up to track 1 and select it.
9. With alt-right arrow, move to the third section and press control-c
10. Deselect the track.
11. Arrow down to track 4 and select it.
12. Press control-v to paste.
13. Deselect the track, arrow up to track 1 and select it.
14. Delete from the end of the first section to the end of the track.
You can do that by selecting second and third sections with alt-arrow keys
and pressing Delete.
15. Arrow down to tracks 3 and 4 in turn and apply the pan you want to
each. Note that if you follow the above precisely, everything will be where
it should be.
Here is a simple example <https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/77d6a9> . Unzip
the file and the Audacity project will be contained in a folder called
panning. Although I have deleted the contents of second and third labels,
the labels remain and can be used to navigate to the material on tracks 3
<audacity4blind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Adrian
Sent: Saturday, 4 April 2020 4:40 PM
Subject: [audacity4blind] Editting
I recorded a guitar solo on a track & now I want to use panning on parts of
For example, I want the intro on the left & the verse on the right & then
the chorus in the centre.
I think I have to do some cutting & pasting from the main track to a new
track but I have spent the best part of a week trying everything but I'm
When I have managed to select the right part & cut & paste, nothing is where
it should be.
I checked youtube but most of it is visual & that isn't good for me..
Any help is appreciated.