[audacity4blind] Re: Editing

  • From: Ritu Shrivastav <ritumansi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 15:45:59 +0530

On 12/26/15, Thomas Byskov Dalgaard <tbd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Ritu!

Yes, you can do this if you are fast on a keyboard. :-)
Play your audio and wait for the portion you want to remove. When you start
to hear the beginning of it, press the left bracket key, if you have an
English keyboard. IF you do use any other keyboard you may have changed this
to another key on your keyboard.

Now, just let the audio play until you hear the end of the audio you ant to
remove, and as soon as you’ve heart it, press the right bracket key on your
keyboard.
Now you can manipulate the start and finish edits if you arent satisfied
with the result.

Another thing, that might be easier and more precise is to do the
following:
When the audio you want to remove starts, press shift-a to move the cursor
to the time of the audio. Now press the left arrow until you have found the
exact spot. You can control this, by pressing spacebar and then move to the
left or right with the respective arrow keys. Everytime you press space the
audio will play, and you will hear how it changes. You might want to zoom,
if you think the movements are to big or small.
When you’ve found the spot, press the left bracket key.
Now just let the audio move and repeat the steps above when you’ve found the
end of the audio you want to remove. Now, remember to use the right bracket
key instead of the left.

Hope this helps.

Best regards Thomas

Den 26. dec. 2015 kl. 10.39 skrev Ritu Shrivastav <ritumansi@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hello David sir,
How are you?
First of all I wish you a very happy and prosperus Christmas.
Sir,
I would like to know that can I remove unwanted audio portion in
audacity while playing it?
If no, then my problem is that,
I have recorded some text wrong and I would like to cut that portion,
so for this,
what tricks should I follow?
I hope that my queery will be handled soon.
Thankyou
With warm regards
Ritu

Hello tomas,
Many many thanks for your prompt reply.
Iam using a standard qwerty US keyboard.
Is it perfect for this type of editing?
Eagerly waiting for your reply
Thanks from my heart again
With warm regards