[audacity4blind] Re: Drop-in Recording

  • From: "Daveed Mandell" <daveedm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 00:30:41 -0700

I'm very sorry. My laptop crashed, and I must have lost your reply, along with several other emails. Can you tell me again where to find that accessible collection you spoke of? Thanks so much.

--Daveed--

-----Original Message----- From: Gale Andrews
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 12:00 AM
To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [audacity4blind] Re: Drop-in Recording

| From Daveed Mandell <daveedm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| Sun, 24 Mar 2013 22:38:33 -0700
| Subject: Drop-in Recording
Thank you so much for your explanation. I hadn't been able to read
your entire message earlier. However, it's a very awkward way of
handlling drop-ins. I think Audacity needs a much smoother, cleaner,
quicker method—a basic punch-in, punch-out method. I hope this  will be
intrnuced someday. To my mind, it's a serious drawback to a very fine
program.

Hello Daveed,

I did actually reply the same day (you asked under another topic called
"Fantastic Program!"). It was here:
//www.freelists.org/post/audacity4blind/Fantastic-Program,1 .

As you can read there, I pointed you to the collection of accessible
workarounds for doing punch-in recordings that Cuong had kindly
collected together.

As stated, we'll count your vote for a basic punch-in record method
that overwrites in the same track. However that is rather like the
days of old "destructive" punch-in on a tape recorder.

There are now better, "non-destructive" ways of doing a recorded
replacement in the same track in a computer program, for example
by storing each re-recorded "take" that you do and letting you
choose the take you want.

Audacity cannot do either the "destructive" or "non-destructive"
methods yet.

Gale