[audacity4blind] Re: Does Audacity Have a Pause Function?

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 10:38:59 -0500

Regarding Youtube videos stopping and starting, are you referring to a
problem where videos stop for one or more very brief moments when they
first start to play but play properly after that?  If that is what you are
referring to, you can work around the problem in the following way:
Let the video play briefly, perhaps ten or twenty seconds.  You can
experiment to see how long you want to let it play.  Then go into forms
mode and issue the command j.  The j command jumps you back.  If doing so
once doesn't move you to the beginning of the video, issue it again.  If
the video still doesn't play properly at the beginning, continue to go
back.  It will play properly if you do this a number of times.

In addition, if you are saving youtube videos as wave files, you may be
wasting a lot of space.  I don't know if you can get better audio by
becoming a paying member of youtube, if there even is such a thing but the
bit rate used by youtube is not as high as the default bit rate used by
wave files.  You might do just as well and save lots of room storing them
as mp3 files.  I haven't done a comparison.  You may wish to do so.

Gene