[audacity4blind] Re: Detecting play/stop/pause/record state?

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 10:43:28 +0100 (BST)

Hi Gary,
Sighted users can tell the state by whether any of the play, pause, or record
buttons are in their pressed state, which is visibly different from their not
pressed state.
For one of these buttons, then in the accessibility api, the state of the
button should include pressed, if it's pressed. I've checked using a tool that
this information is available in the accessibility api, and it is.
I'm not familiar with Jaws scripting, but I presume the state of a button is
available.
Note that if a user clicks the play button using a mouse, rather than pressing
spacebar, then this button doesn't change to a pressed state, but this
obviously won't affect Jaws users.

David.