[audacity4blind] Re: Deleting tiny segments of a recording

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 13:44:56 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Ron,
sorry to hear that it's not doing what you expect.
This is what should happen:
1. If you press ctrl+2 for zoom normal, then the step size is set to slightly
more than one hundredth of a second.
2. pressing ctrl+3 for zoom out, doubles the step size.
3. pressing ctrl+1 for zoom in, halves the step size.
So if you press ctrl+2 once, followed by ctrl+3 three times, this should set
the step size to just less than a tenth of a second (slightly more than one
hundredth of a second times 8).
When you open or import a file, the zoom level is often automatically changed
to display the audio optimally for sighted users. So once you've set the zoom
level, and hence the step size to what you want, you don't have to reset it
again, unless you open or import some more audio.

David.

On Friday, 27 March 2015, 12:43, Ron <facup1927@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi David.

Thanks for that.  I decided in the end to reduce the step sizes, as the Zoom
function doesn't appear to do anything that makes any sense to me.

Regards.

Ron