[audacity4blind] Re: Deleting tiny segments of a recording

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 12:39:53 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Ron,
in addition to Jacob's suggestions, you can also create a small time range by
pressing shift+right arrow. When using the arrow keys to move the cursor, or
shift + arrow keys and shift + ctrl + arrow keys to create or modify a selected
time range, then the step size is determined by the zoom setting.
You can set the step size to just less than a tenth of a second by pressing
ctrl+2 to set the zoom to normal, and then pressing ctrl+3 three times to zoom
out three times. So with this zoom setting, you can move the cursor to where
you want the start of the time range, and then press shift+right arrow to set
the end of the time range. You'll then have a selected time range of just less
than a tenth of a second.

David.

On Wednesday, 25 March 2015, 5:49, Ron <facup1927@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All.

When I delete part of a track I use "[" and "]" to
mark the beginning and end of what I am cutting out.  Usually this is more
than a few seconds of the track so I have time to perform  the
relevant key strokes.

How can you delete even smaller segments like a
10th or less of a second?

Really appreciate any advice or
suggestions.

Regards.

Ron

Using latest Audacity, Windows xp and Jaws
13.