[audacity4blind] Re: David, plugins?

  • From: "David R. Sky" <davidsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 01:42:40 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Leland for addressing Mac-specific issues. David

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006, Leland wrote:

Hi Keith,

You you use Nyquist, Ladspa, or VST plugins?

Audacity will look for Nyquist and Ladspa effects in a few places, but the
easiest is to put them into a directory called "plug-ins".  This directory
should be in the same location as the "Audacity.app" bundle.  If you
installed using the "dmg" then you'd want to duplicate that exact structure.

So, you'd wind up with a directory that contained:

Audacity.app
nyquist
plug-ins

Leland

On 8/19/06 10:06 PM, "Keith Reedy" <WA9DRO@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello again,

Well as you can tell I am getting excited about this software.

Can some one tell me how to install plugins on a mac.  My wife  tried
it and she said that she thought that she was doing something wrong.

Thanks again.

Keith Reedy WA9DRO@xxxxxxxxx God gives his best to those who leave the choice with him--J. Hudson Taylor

The audacity4blind website is at
http://users.northlc.com/sberry/