[audacity4blind] Re: Cutting Selection isn't working as expected

  • From: Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 00:20:39 +0930

Maybe they could call it "Focus" when referring to track selection, since
you're focusing on the specific track? Makes sense to me.

Thanks for explaining! :)

From: tickleberryfun@xxxxxxxxx
To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [audacity4blind] Re: Cutting Selection isn't working as expected
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 16:37:55 +0200

Hi Sharni-Lee!Unselecting everything by pressing ctrl-shift-A is a prudent
precaution when dealing with many tracks. However, since you say the clips are
in a single file, I gather there is only one track to begin with. That is
selected automatically when the file is imported. Or else it needs to be
selected by pressing enter. Only when the track is selected can you select
audio within that track and cut it.Perhaps there is a misunderstanding
regarding the word select? There is selecting a track and selecting audio. In
order to select and edit a section of audio, the respective track needs to be
selected. This is because in a project with more than one track the program
needs to know which track to apply the editing to. Actually I think Audacity
should make a point of using different words for those two functions. Many
people find it confusing at first. Cheers! RobbieFrom:
audacity4blind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx