[audacity4blind] Re: Current state of audacity accessibility for Mac

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 08:50:21 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Marlon,
this is a link to the fixed version of Audacity 2.1.1 for mac which Thomas
referred to:
http://audacity.homerow.net/cgi-bin/dl?experimental/audacity-macosx-ub-2.1.1.dmg

David.

On Sunday, 29 November 2015, 22:14, Marlon Brandão de Sousa
<splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I was using audacity on Mac with VoiceOver for a long time and things were
pretty good.

I stay without updating for a long time, but these days I decided to update to
2.1.1 and what I have found is that VO use with audacity has deteriorated.

Specifically, it seems that lots of objects are tracked as unknown for example
and I can no longer for example navigate in the preferences window.
Navigating to any dialog also shows lots of unknown groups and some of them are
not accessible, for example the dialog where one can put values of left and
right selection boundaries ctrl + [ when no sound is being played.

I am running El Captan. I am not here to complain but to verify if that`s only
me and if we have a bug then if we have any perspective on when it would be
fixed so I can plan on what to do or if we have something to be specified in
some dialog to turn on accessibility again.

Thanks,
Marlon