[audacity4blind] Re: Current state of audacity accessibility for Mac

  • From: Thomas Byskov Dalgaard <tbd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 23:57:27 +0100

Hi Marlon!

I believe there is a version of Audacity that fixes this, but I downloaded this
myself as a beta a few months back, and I do not have the dmg at my desktop
anymore.

I hope though that the accessibility can be recovered during 2016.
Audacity is in fact a nice peace of software. I wish it did something in a
different way, but it is free software, and for free I believe it is a great
tool In fact it does some things better than my main editor of choice does. So
I try to use them both when it makes sense.

What I for example love about Audacity is the way it handels multiple tracks.
What this means is that I can normalize all tracks in one take and all tracks
is normalized like the truncate silence…
One thing I still need to find a workaround for is how to do something like
markers for editing in Audacity. In other editors I can set a marker and jump
straight to the position without taking notes of time position etc.
I’ve talked about this previously on the list, but I think the workaround might
be hard to find at this moment, but I suppose things can change as time goes by.

Best regards Thomas

Den 29. nov. 2015 kl. 23.14 skrev Marlon Brandão de Sousa
<splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hello,

I was using audacity on Mac with VoiceOver for a long time and things were
pretty good.

I stay without updating for a long time, but these days I decided to update
to 2.1.1 and what I have found is that VO use with audacity has deteriorated.

Specifically, it seems that lots of objects are tracked as unknown for
example and I can no longer for example navigate in the preferences window.
Navigating to any dialog also shows lots of unknown groups and some of them
are not accessible, for example the dialog where one can put values of left
and right selection boundaries ctrl + [ when no sound is being played.

I am running El Captan. I am not here to complain but to verify if that`s
only me and if we have a bug then if we have any perspective on when it would
be fixed so I can plan on what to do or if we have something to be specified
in some dialog to turn on accessibility again.

Thanks,
Marlon