[audacity4blind] Re: Crossfades in Audacity

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 10:01:36 +0100 (BST)

Hi Robbie,
just a point about auto-duck. The unselected control track modifies the
selected audio, which can be in one or more tracks - it isn't restricted to a
single track.
The control track is the last unselected track in the project which is
immediately below a selected track.

David.

On Tuesday, 8 April 2014, 8:21, Robbie <tickleberryfun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Thomas!
First you set the cursor in the first music track where you want the second
one to begin. I'm assuming that you have already applied a fade or are using
the original fade. Next you unselect that track, select the second music
track and press alt-T A C to align its start with the cursor position. Play
back the overlap until the first track fades to silence., then set the
cursor by pressing shift-A and select to the start of the track by pressing
shift-J. If you then apply a fade-in it will be the same length as the
fade-out of the first track.
If you want this crossfade to fade down itself during a speech track, you
must first Mix And Render the two music tracks as the Auto Duck effect only
works with two tracks, not three.
Make sure your speech track is located directly underneath the new music
track and align it the the required position as per above. Unselect it and
select the music track. Press J shift-K to select the audio from start to
finish. Then apply the Auto Duck using its parameters to set the volume duck
and fade lengths. To listen to the result, unselect the music track, select
the speech track and press j, then cursor left a bit to allow for the fade
and press space to play. Et voilà!

Cheers! Robbie