[audacity4blind] Re: Creating Multiple Tracks

  • From: Gary Campbell <campg2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 19:33:46 -0700

When you pressed r the second time you were recording the second track and hearing the first one at the same time. You can hear the first track so that if you wanted to, for example, say something to coincide with something on the first track, or if you were singing, you could hear to add another part on the second track. For your application you might want to uncheck Transport > Overdub. You could also mute the first track before recording the second, or you could hit END before recording the second. This would cause the second track to start after the end of the first. For what you're doing that might be the best way. You would then know how far into the CD you were at any time. If you didn't delete anything from any tracks you wouldn't have to align end to end when you were done.

Gary

On 11/29/2014 10:08 PM, Rick Boggess wrote:

Thanks. I have done some experimenting and I'm beginning to understand what is going on. I typed r to record the first track and press space. When I pressed r again I heard what I had recorded. I then pressed space and then r and was able to record a second track. When I press enter to select any of the tracks and try to listen I must listen to all the tracks I've recorded although they show up as 1, 2, 3, etc.

Rick

    *From:*audacity4blind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx