[audacity4blind] Re: Converting to MP3 clips front of recordings...

  • From: "David R. Sky" <davidsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 02:12:18 -0700 (PDT)

Billy,

I haven't encountered this problem before - are you clicking on "export as mp3" or "export selection as mp3" under the file menu?

David

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Billy Littlejohn wrote:

Hey, Guys!

Okay, I am sure that I have surely missed something either in the recording process, or in the conversion to MP3. When I save to a wave file, everything is exactly as I recorded it, but once it is converted to MP3, I lose several seconds of the recording at the beginning. I spent some time trying to paste a few seconds of silence on the front of my recording, so that would be sliced off, instead of the good data, and well, I made it work the first time, but wasn't so successful the second time out. Any suggestions?

The audacity4blind website is at
http://users.northlc.com/sberry/