[audacity4blind] Re: Combining mp3's

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 22:27:43 -0800 (PST)

> From Roger White <bass120363@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sat, 08 Mar 2014 16:43:03 -0500
> Subject: [audacity4blind] Combining mp3's
> Hello, I am using Audacity 2.0.5, Windows Seven.
>
> I am trying to combine two or more audio files.I found some
> instructions on the Audacity website.When I get to steps four
> and five, I have trouble.

Hi Roger

Do you mean this from
http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/faq_editing.html#join ?

1   Import both files into Audacity
2   Select the second one by clicking above the Mute/Solo buttons on its
     Track Control Panel
3   Choose Edit > Find Zero Crossings
4   Choose Edit > Remove Audio > Cut
5   Place the cursor at the end of the first track by clicking in it
     then pressing K
6   Choose Edit > Paste.

Step 2 (selecting the second track) would be accomplished by
listening to the screen reader as you use UP arrow and
DOWN arrow. When you are on the second track, use ENTER
to make sure the second track is selected.

After step 3 (Edit > Find Zero Crossings or Z) and Step 4 (Cut or
CTRL + X) you would do UP arrow to move into the first track
then ENTER to select it.

Then you can do K and step 6 (paste or CTRL + V).