[audacity4blind] Re: Chains

  • From: Vitor Ferreira <vitorflash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 00:00:53 +0100

Thanks David. I have already tryed that with no better results. Steeve suggested me a fiew plugins that i am trying out, and i found one that suits my needs for the moment. I was just looking for a way to make a telephone sound. Using bass and treble built in effects repeated in the chain was also possible.

On 22/07/2015 21:21, David Bailes wrote:

Hi Vitor,
one way of getting round the current problem with equalization in chains would
be to edit the .txt file for the chain rather than setting the parameters for
equalization in Audacity.
As you may well know, you can get to the folder containing the chain .txt files
by:
1. In the address bar of File/Windows Explorer type %appdata% and press enter.
This takes you to your appdata/roaming folder.
2. From there move down to Audacity, then Chains.
Then you can edit the .txt file for the chain using a text editor such as
notepad, and set the curvename to whatever you want.

Hopefully these rather inconvenient problems with equalization will be cleared
up when 2.1.2 is released,

David.

On Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 12:15, Vitor Ferreira <vitorflash@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Do you think it would be worth installing a vst plugin for equalization?
Do you know anyone? That would be very nice, because now i am doing
something a bit more complex, i have to rely on that chains, otherwise i
won't be very productive. Thank you

On 22/07/2015 10:14, David Bailes wrote:
Hi Vitor,
unfortunately, there's a bug with presets in Equalization in Audacity 2.1.1, in
other words they don't work.
So you should be able to use edit parameters instead and specify the curve that
you want. However there seem to be a couple of problems with this:
1. Sometimes if you press edit parameters, audacity crashes.
2. If audacity doesn't crash, and the equalization dialog opens, make sure the
draw curves/Graphic EQ ratio buttons are set to draw curves, and then select
the curve. When the radio buttons are set to Graphic EQ, then when you select a
curve the equalization changes, but the combo box is immediately reset to
unnamed.

David.

On Sunday, 19 July 2015, 0:22, Vitor Ferreira <vitorflash@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello David, or anyone hwo can help me.

I am having the following problem:

I have 2 different presets for EQ, which i want to apply to different
chains. I build the chains with the presets, but if i first use one of
them, when i try to apply the other chain with the other eq preset,
either it does not work, or it assumes the first preset i used. The same
happens when i reset values and then come back to the chain. Apparently,
Audacity is not reading the .txt files to the chain. Am i doing anything
wrong? How should i save the presets so that whenever i activate a
chain, it does exactly what i tell it to? Thanks for any help you can
give me.

--
Vitor Ferreira