[audacity4blind] Best Audacity version for the blind

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 00:02:07 +0100

| From "Harry Brown" <wd8oep2464@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| Wed, 26 Oct 2011 13:53:31 -0400
| Subject: Best Audacity version for the blind
| WAS Re: [audacity4blind] Re: reverberation parameters
> Hi Gale, or whoever can answer this question,
> You mentioned that 3.113 is the best for the blind.  I thought that
> 3.7 was the best.  If that's not the case, let the group know.

Just to be clear, there is currently a 1.2 line ("stable", but now
very old and with limited accessibility), and a 1.3 line (Beta, with
excellent accessibility on Windows, which we hope ultimately to
release as a new 2.0 line to replace 1.2).

So 1.3.13 is the current Beta and 1.3.7 is an older Beta with a lot
more bugs in it than 1.3.13 has.

There are no significant accessibility improvements in 1.3.13
compared to 1.3.7 that I can think of, but you should use 1.3.13
(and upgrade to newer Betas when they are released) simply
because of the bug fixes they will contain.

I recommend subscribing here:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/#announce

then you will be notified whenever there is a new release.