[audacity4blind] Re: Beginner user to Audacity

  • From: Vitor Ferreira <vitorflash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 14:41:43 +0100

Hello.

Actually, for a free software, Audacity is very powerful.
You can record any audio from Youtube or other internet pages, save your audio and use your favourit cd recording software to build your compilations.

It does not process video, although you can import video files to a project, and save them as audio only.

Yes, it's very similar to Goldwave, with the advantage of being a multitrack software where you can edit and do everything you can imagine and more with your audio.
Please find attached the manual in HTML format to the new 2.1.1 version of Audacity, where you will find the main kee strokes for blind users, no matter what your screen reader is. .

Best regards

Vitor

On 23/07/2015 14:22, Naima Leigh wrote:

Besides recording my own music on Audacity, What else can I do?

Can I get audio from YouTube and convert it in to cd's?

How? Please give step by step instructions. What are all the hotkeys for
blind users? How do I get started using Audacity?

I want to be able to make cd's and do more.

Is Audacity like Gold Wave where you can take phal language out of the audio
and replace it with something else?

What other libraries do I need other than Lame and FFMbeg witch I already
have.

--
Vitor Ferreira