[audacity4blind] Re: Audio selection Sequencer 2...

  • From: Steve the Fiddle <stevethefiddle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 09:17:09 +0100

Audio Selection Sequencer 2 ia a complex tool. The plug-in author was
David Sky who passed away in 2009. I don't have time to work out all
of the details about how to use this plug-in and write a comprehensive
user guide, but if you have specific questions about the plug-in then
I will try to answer. For example, saying "I don't know how to use it"
is too vague, but asking "I have imported a file that has some drum
beats. How do I select one drum beat so that I can use it in Audio
Selection Sequencer 2" is a question that most of the people on this
mailing list can answer.

If anyone has the time to write a comprehensive user guide for this
plug-in I will be happy to review the guide and include it on the
Audacity wiki.

There is a somewhat simpler drum sequencer plug-in available here:
http://forum.audacityteam.org/viewtopic.php?p=181589#p181589
This plug-in will read a WAV file and place it at regular intervals in
a track according to the the tempo, time signature and beat number
that you select. It is not currently possible for Nyquist plug-ins to
have a file browser, so the tricky part of using this plug-in is that
you must manually insert the full path and file name of the WAV file
that you wish to use. If the plug-in cannot find the file that you
specify it will use a built-in drum sound.

Steve