[audacity4blind] Re: Audacity with Behringer devises

  • From: "Adina Galani" <lotusflower4u@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 22:47:38 +0100

Got it, thank You.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robbie" <tickleberryfun@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2013 11:34 AM
Subject: [audacity4blind] Re: Audacity with Behringer devises

Hi Adina!
I can't give you an exact step by step guide as I haven't got your exact
Behringer and UCA models. For example, does your UCA have jack or cinch
sockets? Does your mixer have a jack or a three pin XLR output or both? If
both, which cables were provided? Without an exact description of your
cables I can't tell you where to put them. If you know where the output
and input sockets are, just check which cable fits the respective sockets.
Being blind, my MO is to put cables where they fit and try until I've got
it right. The first thing to do is to connect the UCA to the PC via USB
and leave it connected when trying different connections between the UCA
and mixer. That way you can select it as input device in Audacity. If you
then select Software Playthrough from the Transport menu and pres r to
record, you will be recording constantly and will hear sound coming
through as soon as you've hit upon the right connection. The same goes for
the output. Select the UCA as an output device and play a song or some
other audio file so you have a constant signal while trying.
I hope this helps a bit. Do keep asking.

Cheers, Robbie