[audacity4blind] Audacity will not recognize the effects that loaded with it...

  • From: "James Kelm" <jameskelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 13:15:26 -0500

Howdy...

Well apparently I have an issue that is defeating me, and I hope that one of you can help me out.

My problem is simply that when I install Audacity 2.0.6 onto a computer with XP Professional, it installs really well. I have now installed and uninstalled Audacity a bunch of different times, and I have tried a bunch of different versions. Audacity 2.1.3 will load on the computer, but when I try to start the program I get an error message that says that Audacity has failed to initialize properly, and it then just goes away. I have loaded several things that was supposed to fix this issue, but non of them have helped. This is why I am working with Audacity 2.0.6 on the specific XP Professional laptop.

So now 2.0.6 is working very well, and I'm happy. I'm learning Audacity, and am really loving it! My problem is that everything that is listed in the Effects menu is, unavailable. I have gone to Program Files in Windows to the Audacity folder, and there has been two folders that were created when I installed Audacity. One of the folders is called Plug-Ins, and the other folder has the name of a particular type of effect file, but I can't remember what it is, and can not get to the laptop in question right now. But when I have looked in these two folders, there are a bunch of effect files. I have done a search, and did not find any other Plug-Ins folders, or anything else that I thought may be confusing Audacity. I have gone to the Preferences section of Audacity and have made sure that all of the effect types are checked, as well as the check box that allows Audacity to search for effect files the next time it is started. It actually comes up with a screen that says that it is loading files, but when it is finished and I land on the track view, I have no effects that are functioning. I have made sure that one of my sound files is selected, but nothing seems to work. It is frustrating because Audacity is working great, other than for the fact that it will not make friends with the effects that were with it when I installed Audacity.

Help!!!

James

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line