[audacity4blind] Re: Audacity v GoldWave

  • From: Andrew Downie <access_tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2017 16:09:08 +1000

Damien, Christina, Sameer and anyone else who is interested in a 15 minute intro to Audacity. I have cobbled together this recording <https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/v56cn4>. It is about a 22mb download. I have inadvertently left out a couple of things that could have been included, such as x (version 2.1.3) and shift-a (previous versions) to stop playing and put the cursor at that position. Undoubtedly the other resources already mentioned will be far more comprehensive (and more polished). My hope is, though, that my effort may help people who are having trouble getting started.

I have not included anything on multi-track recording. If people are positive about this attempt, I would be happy to do that, along with useful facilities such as labels.

Andrew

On 21/07/2017 8:02 AM, Andrew Downie wrote:

Hi Damien

I can’t do it right now, but perhaps later today (Sydney time) I will try putting together a quick audio demo of navigating and editing in Audacity. It is certainly a different beast to Goldwave. Once you get your head around how to beat it into submission though, it is a very obedient beast.

Andrew