[audacity4blind] Re: Audacity crashes when using JAWS and importing WAV files

  • From: Jacob Kruger <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2017 07:39:33 +0200

Going to sound nasty, but, why not just switch to using NVDA when working with audacity?

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2017-08-13 01:04, Yves séguin wrote:

Hi Peter, I had the same question; apparently Freedom Scientific is aware of this and one would assume that it will be corrected in a future update.

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 12 août 2017 à 18:52, Peter Torpey <ptorpey00@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:ptorpey00@xxxxxxxxx>> a écrit :

I am using the latest JAWS 18 with Audacity 2.13 on a Windows 64-bit system.

I have never had a problem with Audacity and JAWS until now.

Every time I try to open or import a WAV file into Audacity with JAWS 18 running, Audacity crashes. Note: There is no problem opening or importing WAV files when I use Narrator instead of JAWS.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

--Pete