[audacity4blind] Re: Audacity and turntable

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 08:30:42 +0200

What model is the turntable?

And, while have no experience with any USB turntables, my guess would be that it might be implementing a form of virtual sound card/adapter when you plug it in, which could then be interfering with the sound output device settings the screen readers are making use of/implementing?

You could maybe then need to do something like plug it into another machine, and then run that other machine's sound output, during playback into the the then recording PC's line-in, or something, but, this is just a guess?

Alternatively, what about something like making sure screen readers are specifically set to/told to make use of a specific sound card/adapter,, instead of windows, or the screen readers trying to switch over, automatically to the new, virtual one?

Just asking about that one, since, for example, if I plug something like an external USB sound card adapter into my windows machines, it sort of automatically takes over sound output, but, think you can specifically tell something like jaws to make use of a specific adapter/device when more than one is showing up.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA