Is this behaviour repeatable? Can you invoke it with e.g. generated
tones instead of imported music?
Does saving the project change anything?
2016-10-04 17:25 GMT+02:00, Thomas Byskov Dalgaard <tbd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
This is just something I noticed after a short test with Audacity build
2016-09-30 on Mac. I downloaded the alpha that was linked to earlier on.
I was interested in playing with labels.
Here a few notes:
1. I imported four small audiotracks in MP3-format into Audacity.
2. I then placed the tracks end to end from the tracks menu. All went fine.
3. I began to set my labels by pressing command-full stop.
4. I entered a title and pressed enter. No Voiceover feedback was given, but
it worked fine.
5. I sat three labels all in all.
6 I went to the menus again, and noticed that Voiceover became very slow and
that it looked like I stressed Audacity... I don't know how! To get to the
menu I pressed Voiceover-m. When navigating between the different menus it
took almost half a second before I got the title of the menu.
7. When going to the edit labels dialog, I noticed that Voiceover read the
tabel pretty good, except when I came to the remove button, and press
Voiceover-up arrow, then it all began stressing again...
The only way to get the stress to stop was to shut down Audacity.
Can I send you any debug logs or something that could indicate why Audacity
became slow on my Mac?
Are there new builds that might have fixed this already?
Hope you could use this information if not, please let me know how i can
help, I can not write code myself, but I will be more than happy to test
Best regards Thomas
The audacity4blind web site is at
Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...
To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
with subject line