[audacity4blind] Re: Audacity and Windows 10 Creator Update?

  • From: Gary Campbell <campg2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 09:47:56 -0600

Hi,

Well, I installed the update last night, and the 09-jul-17 version seems to work. That is, I imported a file, played it, and moved around in it a bit and it didn't crash. To make things less clear :-), I also installed the JAWS 18.0.4104 update at the same time. I also was able to do the same in Audacity 2.1.3, but that version got an error (... checking for a solution, close the program) when I closed the program. Admittedly, that isn't much of a test! I am using a Lenovo G510S Touch 64-bit machine with 6GB memory.

Gary

On 7/7/2017 5:42 PM, Gary Campbell wrote:

Hi,

In April there was some discussion of someone having a problem with Audacity 2.1.3 and W10 Creator's update. I got the prompt to upgrade today. Has there been any more experience good or bad since then?

Thanks.

Gary

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line