[audacity4blind] Re: Audacity and JAWS

  • From: Gary Campbell <campg2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 09:01:32 -0700

If you rewally want to select a specific time I suggest using the selection bar. As Andrew said, I would more likely play and use ] to set the right end of the selection. The JAWS script speaks the position of the end of the region when the selection arrows are pressed.

Hope that helps.

Gary

On 11/16/2016 9:06 PM, Ewings, Elka wrote:

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone on this link has any knowledge/tips/advice for using Audacity with JAWS. Most specifically, shortcuts keys to highlight parts in the selected track which you want to edit. Again, more specifically, so that a vision impaired user could arrow (a certain amount of times) and know that he has selected a certain amount of time in the track. For example 2 right arrows selects 4 seconds of audio from the starting position......

I hope that makes sense and someone has some advice or tips to make this tedious process easier :)

Thankyou

Elka Ewings
Denistone Braille Outpost  (Fridays only)
and
SLSO: Coffs Harbour Senior College
Ph: 02 6659 3184
/elka.ewings1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/ <mailto:elka.ewings1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I acknowledge the Gumbaynggirr people and their Elders, past and present, as the custodians of the land in the region where I live and work
//

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain
privileged information or confidential information or both. If you
are not the intended recipient please delete it and notify the sender.