[audacity4blind] Re: Audacity Download

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 15:38:50 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Rich,
the audacity website is no longer hosted by sourceforge, it's new address is:
http://audacityteam.org/
so it's best to go there for stuff.

The direct download link for windows is:
http://www.fosshub.com/Audacity.html/audacity-win-2.1.0.exe

David.

On Saturday, 16 May 2015, 15:56, Rich De Steno <ironrock@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Someone that I know decided to try Audacity on my recommendation. He
said that he downloaded the current version from the SourceForge web
site, but that the installation also installed two programs called
Speedtracker and map galaxy. These were unwanted programs, so he
decided to delete all three programs. I never had this experience with
SourceForge. Is this something new with Audacity downloads or did he do
something wrong?

--
Rich De Steno