[audacity4blind] Re: Audacity Context Menu

  • From: "John W. Hess" <wysiwygtechnologies@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 21:00:24 -0400

If you are going to use the beta version, you should know that there was and probably still is a problem with the beta where recording is unreliable.
Good evening Gene. I used the beta this morning on the mac for 1 hour of straight recording and then edited it and exported it to MP3 and had absolutely no crashing or corruption. I am using a MacBook Black with a 200 or so gig HD and 2 gigs of RAM. The beta performs extremely well and I am rather pleased with there progress. I am sincerely hoping that Voiceover, the screen reader built in to the mac will become a part of there testing process. This is an incredible product and version 1.3 promises to be a fantastic release. I find lots of it quite usable on the Mac. I would like to see the ability to read the amount of time recorded. Right now none of that is displayed and track names aren't either. However, what is usable is a MAJOR improvement from 1.2. The audacity4blind website is at
http://users.northlc.com/sberry/